View current employment opportunities with the CIty of Canton.
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Building Inspector/ Code Enforcement
POSITION TITLE: Building Inspector/ Code Enforcement
RECRUITMENT DATES: Oct.1 -30, 2020
SALARY: Depending on Experience
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: City of Canton
The building Inspector is a full time or part time position in the Department of Building and Development. The immediate supervisor for this position is the Building Official. The person in this position is supervised on a daily basis
no supervisory authority. The Building Inspector works regular hours. This position requires work both indoor and outdoor various weather conditions. Physical work may be required. There may be exposure to chemicals and other hazardous materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perfo1m technical construction and other inspection work. Perform final inspections and approve occupancy permit. Review commercial and residential plans for compliance with model building codes. Receive and investigate violations of building codes, and complaint on health and safety hazards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and tactfully; ability to efficiently organize multiple tasks; ability to maintain professionalism, courtesy and composure at all times, including stressful situations.
• Must be motivated, attentive and alert.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, and background check.
• Must have good attendance, be dependable, demonstrate initiative and work well in a team environment.
• Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Must have a valid MS driver's license.
• At least 5 years' experience in this or a related field 1s strongly recommended.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume' to:
ATTN: Director, Human Resources -City of Canton
226 East Peace Street
Canton, MS 39046
Cover letters and resumes must be received by 5:00 p. m. on the closing date of this announcement Oct.30, 2020.